Marble Slab Tempering Method
- Darrell Lea Traditional Chocolate
- 1 Small Heat proof Bowl
- 1 Large Heat proof Bowl
- Chopping Board
- Pallet Knife
- Break Chocolate into the small bowl
- Fill the large bowl with hot water (almost boiling)
- Place the small bowl into the large bowl and stir until all the chocolate is melted and smooth and is at a temperature of 45°C*.
- Take two thirds of the chocolate out of the bowl and spread it across the chopping board using a pallet knife.
- When this chocolate drops to a temperature of 28°C, put it back into the bowl with the other third of the chocolate and stir together. This will bring together the two temperatures and create a temperature of 31°C.
- Pour the Chocolate into the mould and make sure it is smooth.
- Tap the mould on the side of the bench to eliminate any air bubbles in the chocolate and then cover in glad wrap.
- Place in fridge for a minimum of 2 hours; 24 hours is preferable.
- * All temperatures are for Milk Chocolate, please view the temperature chart for variations
Darrell Lea http://www.dlea.com.au/