Microwave Method - Tempering Chocolate
- Darrell Lea Traditional Chocolate
- Small Microwavable bowl
- Silicon spatula
- A Thermometer
- Break chocolate into small bowl
- Place in microwave for 40 seconds.
- Take out of microwave. Half of the chocolate should be melted and some should still be solid. Stir together using a spatula until the temperature is 31°C* and the chocolate has a smooth consistency.
- Pour chocolate into the mould and make sure it is smooth.
- Tap the mould on the side of the bench to remove air bubbles.
- Cover in glad wrap and place in fridge for a minimum of 2 hours; 24 hours is preferred.
- *All temperatures are for milk chocolate, please see temperature guide for variations.
Darrell Lea http://www.dlea.com.au/
Click here to watch us demonstrate this method of tempering.